Monday, April 25, 2005

Flogging A Dead Horse

Charles Kennedy is pushing for the war in Iraq to be a key election issue. Still. But why i dont understand is why?? Yes, Tony made a mistake, he's paid for that mistake with all the grief he's gotten. I didn't agree with the war, if you can even call it a war, but I do agree with the outcome. Saddam Hussein has been deposed and the people of Iraq can experience true freedom of liberty. Alot of people have moved on and are now focussing on true election issues like education, health and economy. Charles Kennedy is calling for the general election to be a referendum on the Iraq War.

The General Election is about electing a government to run THIS country, their foreign affairs policy is the last thing on my list of concerns. I was going to vote Lib Dem, but they have alienated me and I now only support the in one area, No More Council Tax, and that is on a wobbly last leg.

This is very bad. This will be my first time voting. I am going to vote on the things that are most likely going to effect me, for example: hospitals: if i get ill, i dont want to get a HAI, education: i want kids in a few years and their are some things drastically wrong with the education systme in this country. Problem for Labour with this is that the morons in charge of education just dont have a clue! The economy is the strongest is been in decades, Labour have done well. Labour are for working class people, majority of the population in that case.

Unless born with a silver sppoon, majority of first time voters this year are going to be working class, open-minded and feeling very independent. I have a feeling that whatever the record for first time voter's taking place in a general election is, it is going to be broken.