Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Piracy

Just found an article on BBC News, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4279229.stm .

I believe that once a program is broadcast it is in the public sector and we can do with it as we wish. For example, I like stargate, I watch episodes I have downloaded as I cannot always watch them on TV, if it has been broadcast the producer can no longer argue how it is used as it is now in the free public domain. Also, if I want to record the program I am watching to watch again at a later date I should be able too. If i wish to sell on this recording for a private profit I should be entitled too as it is available to everyone once it has been broadcast.

its these fat cat bastards in the U.S. that are annoying me trying to control how we use our own property!! Fuckers.